Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shoe Booties and Winter Sandals

I am loving the ankle booties look. They are seductive, edgy, classy and very 'in' at the moment. The good thing is that some sandals are taking on the form of the bootie which has also been called the 'shootie' because some are more like heeled oxfords. The thing about me is I am very against sandals in the winter time. After a certain time in the year, you will find my feet well covered (cute pedi or not!). It is cold outside and I definitely do not like cold feet! Do note that on some special occasions it is perfectly okay to wear a strappy pair in the dead of winter, but I find those few and far between. I am coming around, however, to the notion that an open toe is acceptable as long as there is some substance to the shoe and most of the foot is covered. And with the tights craze going on, I think it is admissable to have on your very cool tights with a very cool open toe. Here are some booties, shooties and sandals that have definitely caught my eye for the colder months!

Cuff Ankle Bootie at bakersshoes.com for $100.


Rock and Republic Jolene Pumps from shopbop.com for $310.


Wild Pair Ivan bootie from bakersshoes.com for $90.


Colin Stuart Ruffle Stiletto from victoriassecret.com for $215.


Steve Madden Cheryl pump available at stevemadden.com for $100.


Olive Shootie in red at bakersshoes.com for $60.


Jessica Simpson Studded Bootie from victoriassecret.com for $129.

No comments:

Post a Comment